Registration & Enrollment
- Required Documents
- Kindergarten Registration
- How to Submit Contact Info for Siblings
- PAWS Preschool Registration
- Elementary Transfer Option (Open Enrollment)
- Change of Address
- Withdrawing Your Student
School Assignment & Redistricting Information
- Student Enrollment & School Assignment – Policy JG
- Elementary School Attendance Zones – Policy JC
- Elementary School Districts (Search by Street Name)
- Elementary School Districts Map (pdf)
- Future Redistricting: Approved Hardy Map
- Admission of Students – Policy JF
- 2022-23 Enrollment Report – October 1, 2022
- FutureThink Enrollment Presentation – September 27, 2022
- 2021-22 Enrollment Report – November 3, 2021
- 2020-21 Enrollment Report – October 1, 2020
- FutureThink Updated Enrollment Projections – January 27, 2020
- FutureThink’s Enrollment Presentation – January 16, 2020
- 2019-20 Enrollment Report – October 1, 2019
- Enrollment Projections FY19 through FY21
- Enrollment Report Presentation to School Committee 10-25-2019
Registration for children 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2023
Important Information Regarding Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-24 School Year
Welcome to Wellesley Public Schools! We are pleased to announce the Kindergarten Registration “Round-Up” for the 2023-24 School Year for children who will be 5 years old on or before August 31, 2023. Kindergarten registration notices are being mailed out to families based on Town census data.
To begin, go to https://wellesley.powerschool.com/public/formbuilder/form.html?formid=5674060 and fill in your pre-registration information. Your pre-registration will be reviewed by the district Registrar during school hours.
Wait to receive an email from the Registrar during school hours with further instructions for logging into PowerSchool where you will complete the remainder of the online registration forms and upload your required documents. Required documents include:
- Immunization Record
- Student’s Birth Certificate or Passport
- Photo Identification of a parent/guardian (i.e. MA Driver’s license or passport)
- Proof of Residency
- Proof of Occupancy
- Custody Agreement (if applicable)
- Individual Education Program (IEP)/504 Accommodation Plan/English Language Learner (ELL) Records (if applicable)
Please be aware that your enrollment is not complete until ALL required forms and documents are submitted and approved by the Registrar.
Immunizations and other medical records must be uploaded to the Nursing Department’s SNAP Health Portal, which you can access from within PowerSchool. Read more information about the SNAP Health Portal or contact the Nursing Department for Health Portal questions at email@example.com.
If required, nurse follow-up and English Learner screenings will occur at individual schools by appointment.
We encourage all families to begin the registration process as soon as possible. Questions regarding Kindergarten registration should be directed to the Marissa Capone, District Registrar at 781-446-6210;5600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone, please contact the District Registrar to make an appointment to complete the process at the Central Office.
Please note that if your child is age-eligible but will not start kindergarten in the 2023-24 school year, we ask that you notify us that either you will defer your child’s attendance for one school year or that you have enrolled your child in a private/parochial/other school. In both of these cases, you do not need to complete the registration process. These notifications allow us to plan more effectively for space and staffing needs for the incoming and future cohorts of Kindergarten students.
Written deferment requests should be sent to:
Cynthia D. Mahr, Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations
Via email email@example.com (preferred)
Or postal mail: 40 Kingsbury Street, Wellesley, MA 02481
Registration for Grades 1 through 12 will begin on March 1, 2023.
Once placement decisions have been made, kindergarten students and their families will be invited to tour the building and meet the principal. We anticipate these events will take place in April and May Whether you are a new or returning family, we are excited to begin this journey with you and look forward to welcoming you to our Wellesley Public Schools’ family.
Notification of Rights under FERPA for Elementary and Secondary Schools
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords parents and students who are 18 years of age or older (“eligible students”) certain rights with respect to the student’s education records. Click here to read the full notice…