Registration & Enrollment
- Required Documents
- Kindergarten Registration
- How to Submit Contact Info for Siblings
- PAWS Preschool Registration
- Elementary Transfer Option (Open Enrollment)
- Change of Address
- Withdrawing Your Student
School Assignment & Redistricting Information
- Student Enrollment & School Assignment – Policy JG
- Elementary School Attendance Zones – Policy JC
- Elementary School Districts (Search by Street Name)
- Elementary School Districts Map (pdf)
- Future Redistricting: Approved Hardy Map
- Admission of Students – Policy JF
- 2022-23 Enrollment Report – October 1, 2022
- FutureThink Enrollment Presentation – September 27, 2022
- 2021-22 Enrollment Report – November 3, 2021
- 2020-21 Enrollment Report – October 1, 2020
- FutureThink Updated Enrollment Projections – January 27, 2020
- FutureThink’s Enrollment Presentation – January 16, 2020
- 2019-20 Enrollment Report – October 1, 2019
- Enrollment Projections FY19 through FY21
- Enrollment Report Presentation to School Committee 10-25-2019
Elementary Transfer Option (Open Enrollment) Instructions for Parents:
- Log into the Portal at https://wellesley.powerschool.com and click the “Forms” icon
- Click on the form called “Elementary Transfer Option 2023-24”
- Fill out the form and click “Submit”
- Repeat for each child that you would like to request an Elementary Transfer for
Click for Detailed Instructions or email firstname.lastname@example.org for login assistance.
Applications will be accepted starting March 1st and no later than April 30th. Please, submit one completed form per child.
Elementary Transfer Option (Open Enrollment)
Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment) is an option that allows parents to voluntarily request attendance at a school other than their neighborhood school.
Prior to applying for Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment), a child must be registered with the District. Elementary Transfer requests must be submitted to the Business Office between March 1 and May 1 for the following school year. Application forms may be filled out in PowerSchool. A family seeking Elementary Transfer for more than one student must submit a separate form for each child. Forms will be considered on an individual basis. There is no guarantee that Elementary Transfer placements for more than one child in a family will be granted for each child.
All Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment) applications will be reviewed after the May 1 submission deadline. Elementary Transfer applications will first be considered based on the order of receipt. Decisions will be based primarily on space availability at the requested school. Additionally, the Assistant Superintendent for Finance and Operations will consult with the principal of the requested school to further assess the learning profile of the class/grade. Maintaining an optimum learning environment for all the students within that class/grade will be a priority.
In order to ensure available seats for student residing within that attendance zone, the following space guidelines will inform decisions related to Elementary Transfer:
- From May 1 through May 31, admission may be granted if there are more than 5 spaces available in the requested grade level.
- Applications not granted May 31, will remain active for consideration until June 30.
- From June 1 through June 30, admission may be granted if there are more than 3 spaces available in the requested grade level.
- No applications will be granted after June 30 for the following school year.
Once an Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment) is granted, families will have 5 days to consider and accept the Elementary Transfer decision in writing. Once accepted, the Elementary Transfer assignment will be considered as a permanent placement and families will not have to reapply for Elementary Transfer in subsequent years. Additionally, even though a student may be attending a school other than his/her neighborhood school, any future siblings of that student will still need to apply for Elementary Transfer to attend the same school as their older sibling.
Students or siblings that have been affected by a grade level closure and subsequent reassignment will be given priority when making Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment) decisions.
Transportation is not provided to any students who are enrolled in a school through the Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment) process.
Hunnewell Swing Space 2023-24
During the 2023-24 school year, due to the Hunnewell building project, Hunnewell students will be transported to their swing space school based on grade level, as outlined below:
- Kindergarten – Bates
- Grade 1 – Bates
- Grade 2 – Upham
- Grade 3 – Sprague
- Grade 4 – Hardy
- Grade 5 – Sprague
Elementary Transfer (Open Enrollment) is only necessary for Hunnewell families who wish to request a different elementary school than the one listed above.